Squash Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PLAYING SQUASH AT ACTONIANS
Please read carefully.
Thank you for joining Actonians Squash! We set out below important information that you will need regarding your membership and the Club.
Once your membership has been processed you will receive an email from MyCourts at Actonians giving you your username, password and PIN which you will need to book courts and check-in. You will also receive details of the door codes and how to collect your membership card. If you have not received this already please check your Spam folder.
Please remember that Covid-19 is still very active and things are not yet back to normal and social distancing, sanatising, good hand hygiene and wearing a face covering are still the best ways to limit the spread of this virus.
Due to refurbishment, there are unisex toilets in the Squash building until further notice.
Club Access: (We are closed on Bank Holidays)
- Monday-Friday 10:00-23:00
- Saturday: 09:00-23:30
- Sunday: 09-00-22:00
- Monday-Friday 17:00-23:00 Last Orders 22:30
- Saturday 10:00-23:30 Last Orders 23:00
- Sunday 09:30-22:00 Last Orders 21:30
All times may be subject to custom.
BOOKING COURTS & CHECK-IN:
- Please be aware that only Actonians Squash Members may book and play on the squash courts.
- Guests are welcome providing they are playing an Actonians Squash Member. Please Select Guest as the opponent when booking and pay the £5 guest fee.
- Please select your opponent when booking a court or select Playing alone.
- Courts can be booked up to a week in advance online at: https://actonians.mycourts.co.uk/
- Bookings can also be made by using the Booking Kiosk Tablet in the Main Bar.
- Please be aware that you must check-in on the Booking Kiosk Tablet up to an hour before you play or within an hour after you play otherwise you will incur a ‘no show’ penalty charge. Refunds will not be made because of forgetting to check-inn
- A copy of the Booking Rules has been put on the wall by the Booking Kiosk Tablet in the Main Bar and a copy can also be found at: https://actonians.mycourts.co.uk/booking_rules.asp Please read the Booking Rules carefully.
- Please also be aware that refunds will not be issued for accidental bookings and late cancellations for any reason.
- You should have already received a separate email from MyCourts at Actonians with your login details and PIN number which you will need in order to book courts. If you have not received this already please check your Spam folder.
- Only one court can be booked per day per member.
- Failure to comply with the booking rules following a warning by email may result in an automatic penalty charge of £25.
LIGHT CARDS :
Light cards for the squash courts can be purchased in advance for £5 from the main Clubhouse Bar at the Club during Bar opening hours as outlined above.
These cards are only valid for one session and are inserted into the machine outside each court and will operate the lights for 45mins.
When you receive email confirmation of your payment we will include the codes for the Squash entrance doors and changing rooms. If you require assistance with this please ask a member of staff in the Clubhouse.
In the payment confirmation email you will also receive information on how to collect your membership card. Details of how to use your membership card can be found here http://actonians.com/2021/05/25/membership-card-policy/
- In the Clubhouse members are required to wear clean clothing and, at a minimum, suitable footwear t-shirts and shorts. Vests, working overalls and heavy boots are discouraged.
- Sports kit cannot be worn in the small indoor lounge bar.
- Studded and spiked boots must be removed before entering any indoor area.
- Please change your shoes before you enter the squash courts and do not wear the shoes you wear outdoors on the squash courts.
- Please ensure you only wear appropriate white soled squash shoes on the courts, not black soled shoes and not shoes/trainers that are worn outdoors.
- The main grass pitches at Gunnersbury Drive are only available to use for organised team fixtures, however, your membership entitles you to visit our main Clubhouse and Patio where we offer a full bar with spacious and comfortable seating in a relaxed and family friendly environment.
- We also have a number of screens which televise all the major sports events via BT and Sky Sports.
- We also provide free WiFi and onsite access to Spotify.
- Terms and conditions for the Patio Bar and Clubhouse can be found on our website at the following link: http://actonians.com/bar-terms-conditions/
- We have a small car park where cars may be parked entirely at owners’ own risk. Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- If travelling to the Club by bicycle please lock your bicycle in the bicycle racks provided.
- Bicycles, scooters, prams and buggies are not permitted anywhere indoors.
There is coaching available for players of all standards wishing to maximise their capability. For more details please contact Clive Johnston on 07861 896744 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Clive also offers a racket stringing and repair service for members.
We offer a wide variety of other sports at our Gunnersbury Drive site including tennis, squash, badminton, boxing, rugby, football, cricket, hockey, netball, table tennis, bridge and chess. If you are interested in joining any of our other sports sections then please visit our website at actonians.com/export for details or email us at email@example.com
- As a sports club, we are committed to providing high quality standards for all members in all aspects of the Club. In return we expect all our members to behave in an appropriate manner, to respect each other and opposition team members as well as Club property and members of staff.
- We have a zero tolerance policy to drug use at Actonians.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted on site, with the exception of Guide Dogs.
- Members and their guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol on to any of our grounds and premises, it is a breach of our operating licence and could result in the club losing its licence. Repeated offenders risk a permanent ban.
We thank you for your co-operation and hope you enjoy playing Squash with Actonians and have many happy times at the Club.
We value your support and feedback and look forward to meeting you at some point in the future. If you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Actonians.