Terms and Conditions for Cricket Training
This document sets out certain information and rules (the Rules) in relation to the use of the net facilities at Actonians Cricket Club (the Club). The Rules are designed to assist in providing a safe environment during the current period of the existence of the COVID virus. It is imperative that you comply with the Rules. Failure to do so may result in the relevant member being suspended from using the facilities for the whole or part of the remainder of the season, and a breach of the Rules will constitute a matter in relation to which our Disciplinary Procedures apply.
We may update these Rules, and if we do, we may do so such that they have immediate effect. You must therefore review the Rules before you, or any of your child(ren) or child(ren) for whom you care, participate in a net session.
Social distancing and COVID compliance requirements
- The social distancing rule in force at the relevant time (currently 2 metres apart) must be adhered to at all times, including whilst waiting to be admitted at the main gate, when entering and leaving, and at all times whilst on, the premises.
- There is to be no social meeting, no waiting, no spectating and no loitering of any kind with anyone else on the premises.
- Sanitise your hands while entering the premises, after your session and on departure. If this isn’t possible wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the Club.
- Avoid touching non-personal items as much as possible whilst on Club premises.
- You will be required to confirm in writing before the start of the session that neither you, nor a member of your household, has or has within the last 7 days had, symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild.
- If you, or a member of your household, has or has within the last 7 days had, symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild, you will not be allowed to attend a net session.
- Before deciding to book a session, please consider whether you have vulnerable family members or other persons with whom you live. It is impossible to guard entirely against the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- If you, or a member of your household, develops symptoms of coronavirus, no matter how mild, within 7 days of attending a session, you must report this to the Club Welfare Officer (Karen Mahoney – 07969 725639 firstname.lastname@example.org)and follow the Government guidelines on isolate, report, test, track and trace before returning to Club premises. The Club will be entitled to inform those present at the session of this fact.
Access to, and availability of, facilities
- There will be no access to the car park for motorised vehicles. Vehicles must be parked in the street. Bicycles may be brought on to the premises.
- Use of the Clubhouse, pavilions and changing rooms is strictly forbidden.
- There will be no access to toilets.
- Access to any other part of the grounds or sporting facilities other than the cricket nets (and in order to access the cricket nets) is not permitted.
- On entering the premises please walk around the edge of the outfield alongside the Clubhouse, changing rooms and hard courts.
- On departure please walk along the edge of the outfield alongside the Baronsmede Road gardens side and Gunnersbury Drive.
Food and drink
- You must bring their own water and ensure they bring enough as they will not be permitted to refill bottles from taps on site.
- Under no circumstance may food or alcohol be brought on to the premises.
Clothing and Equipment
- You must bring your own hand sanitiser.
- You should arrive changed into the clothes you are going to wear during the net session. You must not change at the Club. On overcast days wet weather clothing i.e. rain jacket should be brought along just in case it rains.
- You must bring your own equipment including balls. As part of their membership, Juniors will be provided with one ball for their personal use for the season. The Club will not otherwise provide any equipment.
- You must not share your equipment, including bats, balls and protective equipment, with any other participant (unless he or she is a family member and you live with that person).
- You must ensure you take all your belongings with you when you have finished your session – nothing should be left in the nets or surrounding area, including empty water bottles or litter.
Rules in relation to net sessions
- Do not arrive too early for your session; aim to arrive a 5 to 10 minutes before your time starts. You will be allocated a coned-off area in the grounds before progressing to the nets. Late comers will not be allowed in.
- An Appointed Club Official/Coach will be in attendance through the session/day – please ensure you report to her/him on arrival stating the person or people you are netting with in the description of the booking/training session and follow any instruction he/she may give you.
- Parents/Carers will not be allowed to spectate, unless as part of safeguarding regulations, and will be required to wait outside the grounds.
- Kit should be placed at the side of the nets (in front of the tennis court) in designated areas.
- Wipe your bat before starting to bat.
- The batter must not pick up the ball, even if wearing gloves. When returning the ball, pass it back with your foot or bat.
- ‘Spring’ stumps will be provided at the batsmen’s end which should only be moved with feet (not hands). Wipe down the stumps before and after your session
- Do not spit or use sweat on the ball.
- Bowling machines will not be available for use.
Other Safeguarding issues
- It is the responsibility of parents/carers to ensure that the child(ren) for whom they are responsible has/have safe passage home. The Club cannot be responsible for this. If a parent/carer’s situation is such that their plans for safe passage home are disrupted, they must contact the Appointed Club Official/Coach and ensure that they have made alternative arrangements.
- Public transport to and from the Club should be avoided if possible.
Booking Procedures & Conditions
- A calendar of available times will be posted on the website; times will be allocated for senior training and junior age groups.
- Each booking is only valid for one session each day.
- Each net session is for 50 minutes followed by 10 minutes ‘cleaning up time’
- So that all members have equal opportunity to secure access to the facilities and ensure fair use, members will only be allowed to have one booking outstanding at any time.
- Any unallocated slots will be offered on a first come, first served basis 18 hours before the applicable session is scheduled to commence.
- Once you have requested a booking, you will receive a confirmation email – please be patient; this may take a while to arrive as booking will be manually approved. Please only attend if you are in receipt of an email confirmation for the session
- At the time of booking you must state the names of those participating. All participants must be current members, being members who have either (i) paid their 2019 season subscriptions and match fees in full or (ii) who have paid a 2020 season membership subscription.
- Guests are not allowed.
- Times will be allocated for age group and senior XI training
- ECB regulations require us to have a Club Official or Coach in attendance at all times. These will be Club volunteers and therefore should your plans change maximum time should be given to cancellations. It is also possible that Club volunteers’ personal circumstances may change at short notice which may mean that a session may be cancelled at short notice. We ask for your patience and understanding should that be the case.
- Non-Attendance at a booked net session, unless there is a valid reason, may result in the relevant member not being allowed to use the facilities for the whole or part of the remainder of the season. Failure to follow the Rules may result in the relevant member not being allowed to use the facilities for the whole or part of the remainder of the season and may result in further disciplinary proceedings.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel sessions at short or no notice, in the case of inclement weather or the non-availability of an Appointed Club Official/Coach Club.
Level 2 coaches / Club Official for Training purposes
|Kevin Mahoney||Kamal Bal||Roheet Gupta|
|Tamlyn Worrall||Katie Reeves||Ramon Bailey|
|Paul McCarthy||Clifford Pile||–|
Club Official for Training purposes – with current First Aid qualification
|Karen Mahoney||Keely Juster||Steve Anstee|
|Tracey Ashby||Alex Barton||Katie Davies|
|David Whear||Marilyn Smith||–|
Club Official for Training purposes – without current First Aid qualification
|Duncan Slaughter||Richard Parker||Sahil Sason|
|Paul Maddock||Richard Thompson||Lucy Davies|
WHILST THE COMMITTEE HAS ENDEAVOURED TO CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT, THE USE OF THE FACILITIES IS YOUR CHOICE AND IS UNDERTAKEN AT YOUR RISK OR THAT OF YOUR CHILD(REN) OR THE CHILD(REN) FOR WHOM YOU CARE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GUARD AGAINST THE TRANSMISSION OF COVID-19 ENTIRELY AND, SO FAR AS IS PERMITTED BY LAW, ACTONIANS CC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES WHICH ANYONE SUFFERS AS A RESULT OF A MEMBER CONTRACTING COVID-19 WHILST USING THE FACILITIES AT ACTONIANS CC, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE RELEVANT PERSON HAS COMPLIED WITH THESE RULES.
ACTONIANS SPORTS CLUB APPENDIX
It must be understood that the Actonians Cricket Club is fully responsible for supervising all training sessions as well as ensuring all participants adhere to the above conditions as well as all Government and ECB guidelines. Actonians CC is fully liable for the behaviour and welfare of players and all activities undertaken whilst on the premises.
Actonians Sports Club is not involved in organising, managing or supervising activities and Cricket training sessions and therefore cannot be held responsible or liable in any way.
Actonians Sports Club reserves the right to cancel all Cricket training sessions at any time if there is a breach of any of the above terms and conditions and/or if any activities jeopardise the integrity of the site insurance and/or the safety of staff and members is being compromised in any way.
Whilst these measures may seem strict, we feel this is the safest way forward at Actonians at the present time. We fully recognise the situation may change and therefore, the above terms and conditions may change. We will continue to regularly monitor the situation and reassess these measures as we go along and will keep you informed accordingly.
Our prime concern is safety for all at all times and we will obviously inform you immediately if and when we deem any changes to the above conditions are appropriate.